By Natalie MacLees
About This Book
- Enhance the consumer event of your website via including priceless jQuery positive factors– supply effortless navigation, speak updates and adjustments, and make allowance visitors to engage with content
- Learn the modular method of jQuery, together with the addition of plug-ins to accomplish complex results with no writing a lot code at all
- A step by step method of starting jQuery, together with the production of speedy, strong, dynamic websites and net applications
Who This e-book Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Download and contain the jQuery library in your website
- Make tabbed interfaces and customized tooltips
- Construct an accordion to enhance an FAQ page
- Build an interactive, lively drop-down menu
- Show photos, video clips, and different content material in lightboxes
- Create slideshows, sliders, and carousels
- Improve responsive designs and topography
- React to clients scrolling down your page
- Improve varieties to lead them to extra appealing and extra usable
By Josh Clark, Jeremy Keith, Peter-Paul Koch, Stephanie Rieger, Trent Walton, Brad Frost, Dave Olsen, Dennis Kardys
Our fresh published cellular booklet positive factors an important issues you'll want to be aware of as a fashion designer, developer or cellular strategist on your web pages. You’ll dive deep into the peculiarities of the cellular undefined, discover responsive layout process, layout styles and optimization concepts, know about wireframing and prototyping for cellular in addition to the tips for designing with gestures and contact. As an additional, the ebook offers insights into the preferred systems corresponding to iOS, home windows cellphone and so forth. in addition to introduces constructing and debugging innovations for complex HTML5 internet applications.
Table of Contents
- Foreword through Jeremy Keith
PART I—THE cellular LANDSCAPE
- What’s happening In cellular? by way of Peter-Paul Koch
- the way forward for cellular by means of Stephanie Rieger
PART II—RESPONSIVE net DESIGN
- Responsive layout approach by means of Trent Walton
- Responsive layout styles by way of Brad Frost
- Optimizing For cellular through Dave Olson
PART III—UX layout FOR MOBILE
- Hands-On layout For cellular by means of Dennis Kardys
- Designing For contact by means of Josh Clark
By David Sawyer McFarland
Dreamweaver CS6 is the main able web design and administration software but, yet there’s no published consultant to its awesome positive factors. That’s the place Dreamweaver CS6: The lacking Manual is available in. You’ll discover ways to use each side of this flexible software, via jargon-free factors and thirteen hands-on tutorials.
The very important belongings you have to know:
- Get A to Z guidance. cross from development uncomplicated websites to making wealthy, interactive websites.
- Add immediate interactivity. Use Dreamweaver’s specific Spry expertise to simply upload complicated structure innovations, like drop-down menus.
- Use timesaving features. make the most of Dreamweaver’s libraries, templates, and hundreds of thousands of extensions.
- Go mobile. layout websites for smartphones, drugs, and computer computers, utilizing a similar HTML.
- Simplify web site management. payment for damaged hyperlinks, streamline site-wide alterations, and reorganize your web site in a snap.
By Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
This e-book can help you utilize the superb source that's Google Maps in your personal ends. From exhibiting maps on mobiles to making GIS functions, this energetic, recipe-packed advisor is all you would like.
- Add for your website's performance through the use of Google Maps' power
- Full of code examples and screenshots for functional and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your personal mapping software from the floor up
This ebook starts via protecting the necessities of together with basic maps for net and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your personal base maps, developing your individual controls and responding to occasions, and together with your individual events.
What you'll research from this book
- Create easy maps and demonstrate them on cellular devices
- Style your personal base maps
- Add your personal tile maps as base maps or overlays
- Show vector layers on base maps in a number of forms akin to issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse a number of vector codecs akin to KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your individual how one can regulate it
- Respond to numerous occasions together with cellular gestures
- Add extra libraries to increase the features of the API
- Work with Google providers for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- Integrate open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast moving, high-level, dependent cookbook procedure, with minimum concept and an abundance of useful, real-world examples defined in a radical but concise demeanour that will help you research fast and efficiently.
Who this publication is written for
By Gary B. Shelly
A part of the hugely profitable Shelly Cashman sequence, this article presents an creation to HTML and leads the person via a transparent, step by step, screen-by-screen method of studying. Readers the way to create an internet web page utilizing HTML, structure the web page, upload pics, and extra.
By Saurabh Bhatia
Build basic to complex functions in Rails four via 10 fascinating projects
About This Book
- Build fascinating program situations with Rails 4
- Upgrade your wisdom for the most recent adjustments within the Rails framework
- Follow the project-based method of development functions from basic to complex ability levels
Who This e-book Is For
If you're a developer who's already conversant in the fundamentals of the Rails framework and feature formerly labored with Rails 3.2 or previous, then this is often definitely the right e-book for you. it truly is assumed that you've a few past adventure with the improvement of purposes. This publication may also help you to improve your present wisdom and in addition make certain its applicability. you may be anticipated to setup Rails, MySQL / PostgreSQL, Mongodb and required dependencies themselves.
What you'll Learn
- Learn approximately new syntaxes and semantics brought in Rails four and their useful usage
- Discover new how one can use the parts and gem stones from earlier types of Rails
- Set up full-text seek, unending scroll, and modal boxes
- Create mountable engines and make the code reusable
- Make a number of APIs (such as Google Maps and Twitter) paintings with every one other
- Create API-only purposes to function a backend for cellular applications
- Understand the fundamentals of the hot trying out framework in Rails 4
- Create a video sharing web site utilizing Rails four besides HTML5 and CSS3 concepts
Rails is a swiftly relocating, open resource, internet improvement framework, and maintaining to hurry with it's a giant activity. you've got already outfitted purposes utilizing it, yet there were major alterations within the syntax and semantic of the Rails framework within the most up-to-date upgrade.
Rails four program improvement Hotshot indicates you the way to construct the preferred different types of purposes utilizing Rails four, and highlights new how one can do issues. The booklet additionally heavily follows most of the most sensible practices, gemstones, and renowned suggestions already identified to the group, and tracks the adjustments in those. This e-book brings new principles to refactor and restructure code to make it practice greater in creation, and helps you to write production-ready code.
By Clarissa Peterson
Deliver an optimum consumer event to all devices—including capsules, smartphones, function telephones, laptops, and big screens—by studying the fundamentals of responsive website design. during this hands-on consultant, UX fashion designer Clarissa Peterson explains how responsive website design works, and takes you thru a responsive workflow from venture kickoff to web site launch.
Ideal for a person interested in the method of making websites—not simply developers—this booklet teaches you basic concepts and strategies for utilizing HTML and CSS to layout web pages that not just adapt to any display measurement, but in addition use innovative enhancement to supply a greater consumer adventure according to machine features resembling touchscreens and retina displays.
- Start with content material process prior to making a visible design
- Learn why your default layout may be for the narrowest screens
- Explore the HTML components and CSS homes crucial for responsive net design
- Use media queries to reveal assorted CSS kinds in accordance with a device’s viewport width
- Handle parts resembling photos, typography, and navigation
- Use functionality optimization options to make your website lighter and faster
Learn AngularJS, and take on the demanding situations of recent internet improvement through developing your personal functions with those functional examples you should use and adapt
About This Book
- Learn the AngularJS improvement workflow and discover a more advantageous solution to construct, set up, and try out applications
- Learn through instance, as you create progressively more advanced real-world functions and dive deeper into AngularJS
Who This e-book Is For
What you are going to Learn
- Get to grips with Angulara€™s Model-View-Controller architecture
- Gain a figuring out of unmarried web page purposes from an AngularJS perspective
- Manage code association utilizing modules and part dependencies with the Dependency Injection Framework
- Find out tips on how to use AngularJS directives to increase the habit of HTML in your internet page
- Create kinds to your unmarried web page functions and notice how Angular allows you to bind, validate, and post shape data
AngularJS via instance is helping you start with this crucial net improvement framework quick and simply, guiding you thru AngularJS through displaying you the way to create your personal real-world purposes. by means of adopting this technique, you could bridge the distance among studying and doing instantly, as you stick to the examples to profit the awesome gains of Angular and event a appreciably simple–and powerful–approach to net development.
You'll commence by means of making a uncomplicated wager the quantity video game, as a way to assist you familiarize yourself with the center elements of Angular, together with its MVC structure, and find out how every one half interacts with each other. it will provide you with an exceptional starting place of information from that you could start to construct extra complicated purposes, akin to a 7 minute exercise routine app and a longer own coach app. by means of growing those purposes your self, you can find out how AngularJS manages client-server interactions and the way to successfully make the most of directives to strengthen functions additional. you will additionally locate info on trying out your app with instruments akin to Jasmine, in addition to assistance and methods for one of the most universal demanding situations of constructing with AngularJS.
AngularJS via instance is a special net improvement ebook that can assist you become familiar with AngularJS and discover a robust resolution for constructing unmarried web page applications.
By Chris Minnick
Get up to the mark at the engine that powers Safari and Google Chrome
What do the net browsers on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, and Nokia have in universal with Google Chrome and Apple Safari? WebKit powers all of them. This consultant exhibits you ways to create websites and cellular net apps utilizing WebKit. discover ways to use the entire developer instruments, the newest internet criteria, and WebKit's precise kinds and capabilities to create attractive, interactive websites for cellular and laptop display.
Explores how WebKit helps HTML5 and CSS3, delivering a wide toolkit for growing speedier and higher cellular sites* Explains the way to create web content for either cellular and laptop show utilizing WebKit* Covers buying and fitting the developer instruments, development web content, debugging and deploying them, and making the most of WebKit services to create swifter, extra attractive, and extra interactive sites
With cellular units proliferating at a quick expense, there's by no means been a greater time to profit all concerning the engine that powers the major cellular browser. WebKit For Dummies teaches you to create websites that utilize every thing WebKit has to provide.
By Julia Elman, Mark Lavin
How are you able to benefit from the Django framework to combine advanced client-side interactions and real-time positive factors into your net functions? via a chain of speedy program improvement tasks, this hands-on booklet exhibits skilled Django builders tips to contain relaxation APIs, WebSockets, and client-side MVC frameworks comparable to Backbone.js into new or current projects.
- Learn a light-weight process for beginning a brand new Django project
- Break reusable functions into smaller providers that speak with one another
- Create a static, quick prototyping website as a scaffold for web content and applications
- Build a relaxation API with django-rest-framework
- Learn find out how to use Django with the Backbone.js MVC framework
- Create a single-page net software on best of your leisure API
- Integrate real-time good points with WebSockets and the twister networking library
- Use the book’s code-driven examples on your personal projects